Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What Happens When 2 Queens Take on Pot

After Scotland, weeks of studying historic gardens, I came home the Queen of Pots.
.
Years later, I encountered another Queen of Pots, Deborah Silver, below.
.
She put me into a new chapter.

container-detail.jpg

Deborah's take on pots made me realize, "Perhaps I've been harming myself, by only doing 'my' Queens Pots."  Harm?  Embracing the seasons, in honor & thanks.  Enjoying hunting/gathering, assembling.

holiday-containers.jpg

winter-container-arrangement.jpg

red-bud-pussy-willow.jpg

straight-and-curly-copper-willow.jpg

copper-curly-willow.jpg


winter-container-arrangement.jpg






My Queen's Pot, above, so wonderful it can be empty. or planted.
.
Deborah took my theme, and didn't 'plant' in the traditional sense.  She creates exterior floral arrangements withstanding 'weather', for months.  Seeing her pots, why-didn't-I-think-of-that?
.
Bottom line?  Choose pots so wonderful they can remain empty all year, AND you have a choice of adding an exterior floral arrangement.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
Bottom pic from my garden, top pics from Deborah's recent post.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post......
I consider myself the pot queen.....not so much after reading this !
Great inspiration..

Jean Campbell said...

Two of my Favorites.

Anonymous said...

You are two "fellow queens"!! Tah dah!!!!!!

Both brilliant and different!!!

Shirley said...

I love the first pot in your post. It has dimensions I'm not accustomed to seeing in a winter arrangement. Inspirational indeed!

La Petite Gallery said...

Tara, since living in Maine,
every November when making garlands,
I also put cut evergreens and holly in my window boxes
and all the big pots in the yard.
and pots at entry. It fills in the empty feeling.
yvonne

Thistle Cove Farm said...

The winter pots, full of beauty, are as appealing, perhaps more appealing, than when full of live flowers. The first photo is especially fetching, Tara.

Jean Campbell said...

Nothing to do with gorgeous pots, but have you seen this site? Dozens of city people who chose farm life, from the ridiculous to the sublime.

http://www.urbanexodus.com/