Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Furniture in the Garden

'Bring those 2 pillows from the sunroom, and your book', this garden speaks. 
.
At what point, in history, did this, below, become a status symbol?
.
Does this speak to you?  Evocative of what?
.
Every garden speaks.  Whether you think so or not. 
.
Henry Ford, "Whether or not you think you can, or you think you can't --you're right."


weeping willows have always been a favorite of mine, i definitely want one in my yard to sit underneath

I've thought meadows, for at least a decade, are the ultimate status symbol.
.
Water, tree, meadow, each honored with this bench, more deeply, its invitation to partake.
.
Benches have been a favorite focal point for decades.  You may have few opportunities to partake their invitation, but on axis from inside your home, viewing them you'll hear Mary Poppins, "Enough is as good as a feast."
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Picture from Pinterest, here.   Am fascinated with furniture in gardens, especially after a soiree.  Furniture in the Garden, pinterest board.  

4 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara -- I love that bench and your post.
Thanks. xo, Rosemary

Unknown said...

20 years ago, or something; I was on a television program "Dream Living" which was about people who live in their "dream houses"! We were walking by what used to be "lawn"; and it was a "meadow" (around a formal fountain.....reflecting pond)! The hostess(?) of the program asked me....."did your gardener forget to mow here?" And I explained about why one would want a "meadow" ....."why would one want a lawn?"

Interesting! I think I got it somehow on "Youtube"! I will try to send.

Can't you rent that lovely house with my favorite garden and my favorite screen door on earth?

Do you have to sell it? Perhaps you could rent it to someone who could keep it as it is?

Believe me; I understand if you can't!

I am lucky; the two gardens I have loved have been maintained for the most part. I couldn't have kept them!

If I could have kept them; and rented them, I would have! My mother did; and that house was a very big part of her estate when she "went up"!!

I have treasured every single thing I have learned from your small garden. And I have treasured every single thing you have said about my "large and crazy" garden!

We have seven "baby" ducklings about to fly! They are almost as big as their mother duck! Pics tomorrow! Kept safe by the duck houses!

Choking up while writing this!

You are a treasure, Tara!
Thank you!!

Penelope

Dewena said...

I think that benches in the old Smith & Hawkins catalogues, and their prices, first made me realize these benches were status symbols, not that I wouldn't have sprung for one if I could have. But Tasha Tudor's wildflower meadows made me want one of them even more than a bench to sit on.

Our meadows aren't planted, not by us, and they're not luxuriant with flowers but every spring the old wildflowers spring up and my husband never mows until they go to seed.

Lydia said...

I like the "look"- but as a practical matter, if I understand the orientation, it would be hard to speak the person across the way. so you may was well orient outwards from the tree- and enjoy the scenery.