Monday, December 1, 2014

When it's Time to Change the Design


You'll know when it's time to round the corners.
.
Time passes, trees grow, shade encroaches, turf dies.
.
Freshly installed cobblestones, below.  What happens when there is even more shade?
.
Forget grass, plant a groundcover.
.
Sure, this is change.  Refinement too.


This progression is years in the making.
.
And, a metaphor for 'life'.
.
What corners does your life need to round?  What turf does your life need to let go?  Where does your life need you to invest in cobblestones installed by experienced hands?  How long did this chapter of life take?  Why didn't I realize, sooner, this corner always needed more space?
.
Answers to these types of questions arrive in 3 places, for me: in my garden, walking in Nature, or in the shower.

From childhood, I've found gardens, and Nature, to be great conversationalists.
.
But.  Have been stumped by a garden request since last week, a new lecture title.  Help me if you can, please.  What is 'new' in gardening?    
.
 Gardening is an ancient craft, yet each garden I create is 'new'.  But.  What is 'new', to you, in gardening?
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic taken at jobsite.
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.
.
NOTE to my gardening friends... look for changes to come. 
Knew before computers/cell phones, sitting in Atlanta traffic on way to a client, 'I must reach a larger audience with the same amount of effort.'   Soon after that epiphany I signed my CBS-TV, and, books contracts on the same day.
.
Then I read an article in the NYTimes about something called 'blogging'.  Saved the article for a year before reading it.  Studied all the blogs they mentioned, hired a computer expert they quoted, and attended a blogging seminar.
.
Blogging 2.0 has arrived, my knowledge is 1.0.  A believer in copying the best historic gardens across the globe it flows into every arena of life.  Watching Maria Killam grow her career/blog/life over the past 3 years made its impact.  Signed up  for a year's course with her blogging expert, Jon Morrow
.
Changes will be slow, plodding is my adored method.  Pulling triggers here/there is spice in the mix.
.
What do YOU want?
.
Nothing is too small, too big, or too ego crushing to mention.
.
Passion lies in sharing what has filled me to the depths of grace, joy & atonement, the best landscapes created over the last 2,000+ years.

Just so you know... 

 I  welcome your input.

3 comments:

Lori Buff said...

As a potter I understand the difficulty you’re having with this question. It’s an ancient art/craft, after so many millions of years it’s really hard to say anything is truly new. So maybe your question is the answer.

La Petite Gallery said...

Tara, hope you had a great Thanksgiving, we were snowed in. As you know my Daughter Renee got married. What a lovely man he is. I never have enough time for my yard anymore, the help here is so expensive. Some kid 15 years old said he wanted $25 hour to cut my grass. It was my mower and gas. Anyway, wishing you good weather for the Holidays.
yvonne

Unknown said...

https://amazonphotoediting.blogspot.in/2016/02/hire-amazon-photo-editor.html?showComment=1527246106705#c4150496978299483420