Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Unmentioned Design Element in the Garden



Yesterday, blowing my conservatory, I realized no one mentions a salient fact, lamps/sofas/tables/etc must be blower proof.


Pruning/blowing/digging/etc in the garden is my chance, on Earth, to experience in metaphor,
"When Jesus rose from the table and began to wash the feet of the disciples (John 13:4), He was doing the work of the lowliest of servants. "



Intuitively I know if I stop honoring/practicing Servant layers in my garden there is great chance I shall never do those layers again.
.
Atonement.  The shining word, above all others, I feel in my garden.
.
A friend's word, Abiding.


Never do I wish to stop dropping to knees, feeling Earth on my skin, or sweat begin to drip, nor forgo the bruising/scrapes gifting my soul.
.
And, oh my, the engagement of intellect.
.
Nature always wins.  Me win?  Decades past that embarrassingly small desire.  At times my garden lets me flow pure with Nature.  (What does that mean?  Experiencing, as "Joseph Campbell wrote " with a quote from Ovid's Metamorposes, " ... And the experience of eternity right here and now is the function of life.")
.
If someone else is paid to do the work of my garden, where then is my atonement?  The delight of eye-hand-mind-spirit.  More, where to gain the epiphanies, friends, career..........


Many layers of good garden design, above.  A garden design class, almost, in a single picture.
.
Yes, this garden room can be blown without destroying how it looks.
.
Yet, a broom is always at hand.  At present broom & fallen crape myrtle blossoms are the soliloquy of atonement.
.
Garden & Be Well,     XO Tara
.
Pics Penelope Bianchi.
.
 For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

6 comments:

La Contessa said...

HOLY MOLY.......I'm headed there in about 45 minutes!To this EXQUISITE HOME!!!You should have heard me gasp!Is there a new book out??I NEED IT if there is...................I will definitely find out tonight!
The photos give one the idea but to stand there and take it all in is another world all together!
LUCKY ME!

Carolyn said...

A beautiful post... and a beautiful conservatory!

Carolyn

Lori Buff said...

The blower may be swift but their is something meditative in the quiet swish of the broom.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara!! How delightful!!

What a lovely compliment!!

Thank you for showing my garden!

You are the BEST!!!

Nella Miller said...

Tara, your sentiments here are absolutely humbling and beautiful...I feel like this in my garden...blessed to be given stewardship of my spot on earth..N.xo

Nella Miller said...

Tara, the sentiments you have expressed here are absolutely humbling and beautiful....how I feel working my garden..blessed to have stewardship of my little spot on earth..And always never enough of Penelope's garden views..
N.xo