Thursday, June 5, 2014

Design Deeply: Connecting Dots


Some of my best work, below.  
.
See the connected dots in the garden, below?
.
Those who understand hire me to design their acreage or townhome.
.
Or, hire me to lecture across the USA.
.
Some offer book contracts or ask for magazine content.
.
 The best?  People who share appreciation of their epiphanies with my work, tell their stories, enriching my knowledge.


View, above, from client's Music Room.
.
What type of Garden Design is this?
.
Why do Garden Centers abhor this type of garden?
.
What are the tough choices made?
.
What type of ecosystem are you looking at?
.
What is the relationship, and why, between the ground layer & tree layer?
.
How does this ecosystem keep other layers on this property thriving?
.
How many other layers would that be?
.
Why would a PhD professor at UGA Ag school want his students to intern here?
.
Why did Historic Williamsburg, after my lecture there last year, pick up many of the layers shown, above, for their topics in this year's symposium?
.
What is the relationship between government laws & this type of garden?
.
Took me decades to connect the dots, including myriad trips across the globe studying historic landscapes.
.
What else is in this garden?
.
Answers in previous posts.
.
Did you realize my stories connect these dots?
.
The teacher appears when the student is ready.
.
Ironically, with this client,  land-plants-livestock-wildlife-weather-buildings-roads taught us.
.
We listened.
.
And we share.
.
Don't live on acreage?  No worries, many layers are HOA approved & adaptable.
.
What does this type of Gardening have to do with property value & HVAC bills?
.
Yes, have taught at the local college for years.  Atlanta Botanical Garden too!
.
I don't believe in spoon feeding knowledge, passionately sharing yes.
.
Tasha Tudor believed in, "Take joy."  Here, it's "Take Knowledge."
.
Both are there, always.  All you have to do is 'take'.
.  
Life conspired, teaching me, take both, everyday.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara


 For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning:
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this, I connected the dots in the photo which was fine for me.

But then I read all the interconnected dots that allow / disallow / negate / embrace such ideas. That reminded me how much we have to think through with a simple client request, how un-simple it is before we make it look simple...and make it simple again.

Virginia Country House said...

I just love your work. It makes me happy. Have a wonderful weekend, xo, N.G.

La Contessa said...

I loved TASHA TUDOR!I read her books to my BOYS!I too have a CORGI!What happened to her garden and house........??Any idea?Now that would be a destination!This is beautiful what you are sharing here.....the dots are still connecting for me!XXXX