Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sofas: Backed vs. Facing

Pairs of sofas 'backed' began intriguing me a couple of years ago, after decades of adoring pairs of sofas facing each other, which is, of course, what I've had for a-very-long-time.


Cote de Texas posted this pic, above, the same day Laura, below, lept to the balcony in a smash/crash.


Once I get-me-a-man the French commode with urn on plinth will be between newly backed sofas.
.
Laura, from that distance, cannot leap to the balcony.
.
Decorating or catorating?
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Top pic Architectural Digest, a Mario Buatta room.  Bottom pic, apparently Laura's room, and soon to be mine again.  With pleasure my sofas need new fabric, and studying Buatta's room I will be getting a few extra pieces of furniture too.  Fine thoughts, indeed.
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon

5 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

Why do you think they call it a "cat"astrophe?
Is the little darling okay?

That urn is beyond beautiful. I can see why she plants herself in it.

xo

Andie

Divine Theatre said...

I'd like to see more of the garden implement vignette, please! I was going to do this on my garage wall this Summer!

Great minds...you know. LOL!

xo

Andie

Lori Buff said...

Ah, cats and breakables, always an adventure.

La Contessa said...

MORE PHOTOS PLEASE!
LOVE the cat in the urn on the Plinth!Fantastic inside…….I have two urns inside too!Another thing we share!
XOXO

martamag said...

Très joli le salon bleu et la photo du chat aussi. Je lis régulièrement votre blog et je l’aime bien, mais je suis seulemnent une lectrice qui connais un peu l’anglais. Bonne continuation!