Thursday, April 10, 2014

How to Copy your Interior into the Landscape

 Tables, mantels, buffets, chests, demilunes, with toppers, aim my Garden Designs.


Scale, proportion, flow, color, texture, and balance.
.
What?
.
I copy your table top arrangements, in plants.
.
Look around you.  There is a thread of continuity with your table toppers throughout your home.
.
Laughter is included with my job.  Every time, every & each time, I finish a garden design the client says, "I love that!"  Well, of course.  I copied YOU.
.
Which I think is hilarious.
.
Then I get a check.
.
You must admit this deepens the humor.
.
Of course, too,  I use the right plants for entries, foyers, halls, parlours, double axis, focal points, staging of blooms throughout the year, fall color, berries, fragrance, ease of care, shading the house......then I want to exchange some of your windows for French doors, change the paint colors, & etc.
.
All while the 'husband' was worried you hired a garden designer and he was going to have to pay for flowers.
.
Flowers?  My stealth is far more wicked than 'husbands' comprehend.  Until it's too late, which means they've come on board as full team members.
.
That satisfaction is my favorite bit of humor to savor.  
.
Husbands call me 'that woman' to their wives, at first.  Within a month, generally, the wife will email or phone and say, "My husband said, 'ask Tara'....."
.
At that point the poor dear man is within the clutches of 2 Cheshire cats!  
.
And likes it.
.
Yes, my job is quite humorous.
.  
Garden  & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Pic found on net, lost provenance.
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning:
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

3 comments:

La Contessa said...

I have that BUST sitting with me at my kitchen sink on top of a small concrete bench.
I so get what your saying!
XOXO

Connie in Hartwood said...

I can so see you snickering to yourself as you win over another doubting husband ... Wife, too, for that matter. Finding humor in the every day.

Lori Buff said...

So sneaky, but not everyone can do it as well as you do.