Monday, April 21, 2014

Design: Making Clients Cry


After a soiree we discuss how guests have experienced her garden of acreage from arrival/departure.
.
How the sexes, ages, income levels interact with the garden.
.
Some cross the threshold of the garden, others look say a few words, some say/see nothing. 
.
What branch of psychology is this?
.
Me?  I must know how people experience my gardens, not just how my clients perceive their garden.
.
Stay with me, it's going somewhere. 


Tears.  What makes someone cry in a garden?  Unbidden.  How does a garden guest arrive with their cocoon-of-life yet leave knowing their decades long construct is rendered too little?  In fact, gone.
  
.
I've had crying guests in my garden for decades.  At my garden lectures across the country, crying attendees, for decades, too.
.
Have been in my friend Susanne Hudson's garden when someone burst into tears.
.
Stories follow all the tears.  Words, incoherent, powerful.  And understood.
.
So.  At the garden, above, we were talking about her last soiree.  A guest, a man, financially successful, no longer young, in tears.  
.
He awakened to how a garden is woven into DNA, and home.  One of the few who could verbalize, during epiphany, 'I will have this.'
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken at jobsite last week.
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning:
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

4 comments:

Connie in Hartwood said...

We may not be able to verbalize it, but gardens affect us ... deep inside where few people are allowed to go. Spring is especially like this, as winter is cast aside and new growth brings renewal.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, I don't really know what to say, except that this post spoke to my heart.

FlowerLady

Kathy said...

I solo get this. Best post...thanks...k

Lori Buff said...

Words cannot express what tears mean to us.