Friday, February 21, 2014

Overdose your Theme: Wicker Weakness




Overflow wicker, above, yet they're used at least 1/month.


Vintage wicker, above/below, glass topper for the sagging table top, below.  Adore the chipping paint.


Small wicker baskets, below, perfect for quick trips with keys, sunglasses, cell phone.


White willow English wicker basket, above, for Laskett.  Yes, he is moody.  What can I do, we're in love.


Tucked in the bedroom, above.  Mahogany Sheraton buffet arrived this color, & marked down 2x at the antique shop.
.

Tool Bouquet over my fireplace.....
.
Overdose Your Theme is merely an excuse for,  Wicker Weakness.
.
At Lowe's this week the cashier asked, "Can I feel your basket?".  Girlfriend has Wicker Weakness too.  Along with great taste, it was a handmade Amish basket that day.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Most of the wicker came from Thift Stores or yard sales.
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon

7 comments:

La Contessa said...

Where to begin on this POST!
My cat THEODORABLE has a slit in his ear too!
The TOOL BOUQUET is OVER THE TOP FABULOUS!
The sconces I sold at the HEN HOUSE!!!
The Bust under the wicker cart………DIVINE!
You shop like ME!!!!
Isn't it a WONDERFUL LIFE!!

Unknown said...

Me too, wicker weakness! My husband always says
you don't need another basket, oh yes I do!

J.W. said...

I have always loved your tool bouquet, but now I love your cat!

Amy said...

Hi Tara. P. Allen Smith posted a tool bouquet recently on Instagram. It reminded me of you.
Would love to see your images on Instagram as I can't always keep up with my blogs.
Can't wait to start fresh this spring in our garden. The freezing temperatures wiped out a lot of our plants. Trees and shrubs survived, but herbs and many groundcovers are toast.
xo,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Just Fabulous!!! The tool bouquet is over the top!
See you next week.
xoxo

Barbara Pilcher said...

I didn't know that was a name for this wicker fascination. Let's hope the AMA doesn't label it WW and develop a pharmaceutical "cure."

Divine Theatre said...

I went looking for the vignette and I found it!
Laskett is one of my favorite gardens. :)

Beautiful kitty. Let him have his way.

xo

Andie