Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Design Elements: Macro, Micro

Freshman year of college an elective course in economics gave me macro/micro.
.
Garden design elements fall into those 2 realms.
.
Both equally important.
.
Both waltzing thru time.

.
The snow that stopped Atlanta, above.
.
Dots of poetry.  Ephemeral.
.
Sure, the wall is a macro Garden Design element.
.
But not for this moment.
.
You're looking at the ephemeral micro element trumping the macro.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic at jobsite last week.
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon.
.
That economics course?  Tough.  The professor barely spoke English his accent so strong I heard, at most, every 12th word correctly.  One word in particular scared my IQ, could not figure out what the mar-ghaa-reene was.  Especially with his corresponding gesticulations and hi pitch solely upon that word.  Mar-ghaa-reene really got the sweet little man going.  Me too, what was it?  Finally asked my seat mate what he was saying.  She said, 'margin'.
.
From that point I ignored the dear little man and solely learned from the book.  
.
30+ years later I can still hear/see Mar-ghaa-reene being performed.
.
Yes, macro/micro elements amuse me greatly.

2 comments:

La Contessa said...

Micro Macro it all looks WONDERFUL!

JudyMac said...

I understand that this was an economics course, but could the little professor have been discussing the price of "margarine" as opposed to the price of butter? My hearing not being what it used to be, I also have a problem in understanding English overlaid with a very heavy foreign accent.