Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Historic World Pivot Point: Rarely Captured in a Garden

Remnants of historic gardens, from garden design studies across the globe for decades, create a trinity: woodland, low meadow, stone focal point.


You are looking at, above, when-the-music-stopped.
.
A concrete terrace built during the 20's for evening dances, think Gatsby, was topped with a stone fountain during the 30's.
.
It is rare to see, in concrete, when the world shifted.
.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
.
Pic Shaw Gardens, Jamaica.  Had quite a 'moment' when I saw this, of course my friends were happily obliviously walking past fast, before I told yet another garden 'thang'.  Poor dears, they had to tolerate my 1 track mind.
.
Know what else you are seeing above?  Maximum pollinator habitat: high density with low density + water.

5 comments:

La Contessa said...

OH to have a dance floor in my garden!YOU HAVE JUST GIVEM ME AN IDEA!Love it!

Anonymous said...

How lovely a dance floor would be in a garden!!!

Delightful!!

The music has started!!

Wonderful posts from Jamaica!!!

Anonymous said...

"poor dears"? Are you kidding? Next time, tape those "garden thangs" I will BUY them!!! I would happily pay to hear your observations on gardens!!

Anonymous said...

how adorable that my friends "La Contessa" beat me to the first comment. Unfair. She has just returned from Venice; and she wakes up at 2 in the morning!!

We adore your blog; and YOU!!!

therelishedroost said...

Beautiful!