Saturday, September 14, 2013

Stone Mountain: Where You are Inspired?

Most days of the week for 3 decades I'm here, below.  


Stone Mountain daisy is unique, in all the world/galaxy, to this single spot.


They've already begun to fade & their musky sweet smell of decay & death is intoxicating.  Thrilling.  A smell metaphor, "You've made another year.  You're ALIVE."  Language of Nature I understand.  People?  Not so much.
 

In the crevices & margins, above, I never cease to marvel and many times a year simply stop to absorb their lessons.


With every step this mountain lets me share in what is sacred.
.
On this mountain my place is secure.  Providence speaks the eternal.
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
Pics taken yesterday morning.  Would love to have the perfume of yesterday, "Tara, you smell like dead daisys."  "Thank you."  I say.

6 comments:

Bruce Barone said...

Someday I will visit this sacred place.

Nita Stacy said...

Is this where you go to exercise? I think it would be a great place to walk every morning...it's so beautiful there. Of course...I have a pretty park to walk around in my neighborhood and don't do it. When I do walk...it's usually at night. When I lived in Marietta, Ga...I used to walk up Kennesaw Mountain all the time. I always felt so accomplished when I reached the top.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...the rock slabs, the endemic daisy, how the plants grow in cracks, the tall pines vs. the shorter plants (being devoured by kudzu?) Yes, sacred and secure!

This post made my week, as I'm finding my new place(s), shady rocks. I should post on that soon.

Anonymous said...

And I forgot...oh yes, I shall visit your area again, and I must see Stone Mtn among it all!

Christine B. said...

Autumn is my favorite season. The idea of "one last hurrah" before everything dies or goes into a garden coma is appealing.

As far as garden or nature smells go, dying daisies are about a 3 for me. I find crushed Lamium foliage to be a 6 and the pulp of our native Sambucus has a smell so dreadful it's off my snoot scale. I have to make an effort not to let my eyes roll back into my head.

Espalier and topiary is very uncommon where I live. Maybe it has to do with the heavy snow loads the trees must bear here.

Christine in Alaska

laney said...

...i am 65...i am a native atlantan...and like God...for much of my life stone mountian was simply there...today i take neither for granted...blessings laney