Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mr. Checkbook & My French Doors

Their old dated vintage pool is almost as cool as Steve McQueen's tan lines.  


Mr. Checkbook did not want to put the French doors to the pool during renovations.
.
Mrs. was all-in.
.
Blessedly financing was s-l-o-w.  Thank you bad economy!
.
Me?  Never wavered.
.
Full frontal verbal.  For weeks.
.
Mr. Checkbook & I have history, this is our 3rd garden together.
.
Mrs. surprised me this month, "Come for a consult this week."
.
French doors installed & Mr. Checkbook beyond pleased.
.
My Intergalactic Wimbledon Finals backhand down the line winner with the perfect amount of insouciant speed against Mr. Checkbook for the tennis title win of all time.
.
Except this is better, he wins too.
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
Remember this pic from the 60's Life article?  

6 comments:

Connie in Hartwood said...

Only you can work a photo of Steve McQueen's butt into a 'nanny nanny' article about choices in garden design. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hah! Priceless. Just when I think I can maybe guess what kind of pic will pop up... Bravo!!

Merlin said...

*SIGH* Steve. franki

Jenny M said...

I think your post heading should have read.....Warning, photo of a Hot looking guy below!

Nita Stacy said...

What a great photo! It got my attention. I just saw a little known movie with Steve McQueen and Jackie Gleason on TCM the other night. It was funny and sweet. Steve McQueen was playing a nit wit...totally unlike what he usually did in movies. But...Yay for the french doors..you can't enjoy the garden properly unless you have them!

Cerberus German shepherds said...

LOL