Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hiding Houses with Landscaping

Here is the western full frontal side of my home, below, shot from the neighborhood street.


This is a neighbor's home, below, at the western side of my home.


Another pleasing view of my home from the street, below.

Within this hedge, above, is a pond, arbor, stone terrace, paths, & my home.
.
I should have been the Benevolent Duchess of Hambrick in Alice In Wonderland, "I don't want to see those houses."
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken in my garden this month.  Amazing, and amusing, how large my property looks in pics.  It's teeny in real time.  Of course it is indeed large in relationship with the depths of my life.  Do you love coming home to your garden?  You know I do, it's never boring.  Always something new, delightful, charming.  As if the garden anticipates and desires to please me.  And knows my reactions.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

lovely Tara all that matters is that to you it says " home sweet home" and all is well.
We live in a neighborhood with covenants to control what the residents are allowed to do even in
their yard. No fences allowed except in the backyard I had thought I might do a picket in the front. I got around it by planting shrubs on the sides that I am pruning into hedges.
thereby I will have a living fence
for structure and privacy.

Unknown said...

You are reading my mind! Trying to blot out the houses across the lake with tree canopy's but still see the water!
I'm the only one without meatballs! Thanks for your vision!

Barry said...

Fantastic! I can't wait til fall to plant more bushes and trees. City code prohibits a fence in the front yard, but shrubs are totally legal. Thanks for the inspiration.

Barry

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE!!!!

Nella Miller said...

Ditto! My sentiments exactly! No one can see my house or garden, until they are upon it...and especially not from the street...N.xo