Friday, June 14, 2013

Trumeau on the Porch

Century old teller window, below.  Susanne Hudson saw it differently & made a trumeau.  Placed upside down, mirror installed,  a few inches cut off for scale & equally historic molding applied.

Kimberly Queen fern, below, tolerates blasting sun.  Vintage white baskets, below, $4 total, thrift store.

Faux bois table in the back corner?  Found in junk shop under $10 and it's made of resin.  Sprayed, who knows?
Garden & Be Well,     XO Tara
Pics taken earlier this month at my garden, created with Susanne Hudson, at the Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival.
Apologies for  vulgarities about filthy lucre, it's in defense of my profession.  How many more times must I hear, "I can't afford a garden."  Stool, old windows, door etc....were rescued, aka free.
By good accident Susanne's reflection is in the mirror.


Home and Lifestyle Design said...

I always loved Trumeau mirrors, but after a trip many years ago to the French Quarter, prior to Katrina, I absolutely had to have one, but they were so expensive. After a few years of yapping about it, my husband said he could make me one. I did a post on Trumeau mirrors on my blog some time ago. I love your porch and your custom made Trumeau! Adorable!!!
Thanks, Patty

Lori Buff said...

She's got a very creative eye.

Jennings and Gates said...

How incredibly clever! Thanks for sharing! N.G.

KarenB said...

Hi, I'm a new follower and so happy to have found you. I was hoping you'd post a view of the porch from this angle. You teased us with the view from the outside. Let me just say that those who complain about not being able to afford a garden, have no imagination. That's all it is. This is so lovely. I just want to come visit.


Merlin said...

Count me in as a Trumeau mirror lover..just got one on e-bay with petit point sail boats. LOVE your porch design...franki