Friday, May 10, 2013

Front Porch: Chain Rail

Lunch, below, this week.  Every home seen from the chair I sat in was a century old and white clapboard.  


Front porch columns each have iron rings, below, for chains lost to history, I've already designed their replacement.


With their 'swag' to mach the arch, below.


Will copy a pair of the columns, deeper into the garden, as entry to a garden room with enfilade from the front sidewalk.
.
Repetition.
.
Notice the power lines, bottom pics?  The bane of my existence for a mature camellia I wish to keep and limb-up into a tree.  They will contact the power company to see what can be done.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics same garden as yesterday's post.

3 comments:

Lori Buff said...

That's an inviting front porch, the chains will add interest.

It would be nice if all power lines could be planted safely in the ground so we didn't have to look at them.

20 North Ora said...

Tara - Your front porch looks so inviting. I love big front porches. Wish I had one.

Judy

Barbara Pilcher said...

Now, THAT'S a porch, from the blue ceiling and fan, to the painted floor boards and wrought iron railing.

Repeating those handsome columns is perfect, so I hope we get to see the finished installation.