Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Lawn Rule: Before & After


Came for the art show, a first visit, earlier this month.  He, we hadn't met before, asked a few garden questions.  Within moments, "Your lawn is in charge & you must be in charge of your lawn", I said.


I described a typical Victorian shape, for their Victorian home, rectangular with the corners worn away leaving an oval of turf.  Corners filled in with stone.


Earlier this week he sends me these pics, above/below.


I know, without asking, more pics will arrive.
.
Loving what he's done and can't wait for the 'corners' to be filled.
.
And I'm sure he remembers my comment about a focal point on axis with the front window, at right, above.
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
Top pic mine.  Is your lawn in charge?  

3 comments:

Connie in Hartwood said...

My version of this is, "Let your lawn be a conscious choice, not a default fallback." No one listens to me, though. I'm nibbling away at our lawn, one bit of ground at a time.

Divine Theatre said...

When I saw those curves my heart sang!

xo

Andie

home before dark said...

MIne is why grow grass when you can grow something that makes your heart sing? If your heart sings to grass, we can't be friends.