Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Guest Room


Christopher Alexander, A Pattern Language, says bedrooms are best with windows on 2 walls.  


Windows on 2 walls in their guest room, above/below, With the good fortune of a


 fireplace too.  Local pottery, & feathers from their pastures.



 Outside the windows, below.


This doesn't mean much to you now, below, it is

foliage & buds for summer's blooms.  The native oakleaf hydrangea.
.
Garden & Be Well,      XO Tara
.
Pics taken at a client this month.  Same home/garden as previous several posts.  2 regions of the brain are accessed with the camellia & oakleaf hydrangea.  Wish I could see a scan of it!  At least I know the joy of what it FEELS like.  Too bad for non-gardeners, they aren't wired for this brain cocaine.    .
.
Will get this entire room for you this year, promise.  You'll love the bathroom.  Views of the back porch......  And you haven't seen the bed yet.

2 comments:

sugarcreek said...

Tara, you've just about killed me! I wish I had the skills of a words smith to express my feelings when I view your snippets. Your words & pictures make me think of a box of chocolates...sometimes I bite into one and I wonder why was this included. Other bites produce a longing to try another and another. Your latest pictures produce that same feeling. I want to see the back porch, the full guest room, the entire bak patio. I want all the chocolates!

David C. said...

Agreed on 2 windows, and the importance of ambiance. But I didn't even see that camellia...