Monday, January 14, 2013

Vanishing Threshold: Roof

This room is not about: textiles, lamp, table, chair, woodwork, paint, carpet, hardwood floor, scale, placement....


It's about the view.
.
A wildly successful interior decorator hired me for his private garden.  His dining room view was asphalt roof & ridge line.  Disaster.
.
He had been enjoying the tour of his home he was giving me.  Until I stopped in horror at the view.  It-was-a-moment, is understatement.
.
You know what I designed, at the end of the ridge line, atop gable's peek, a lovely urn.
.
His garden needed few tweeks.  He was horrified at his omission of the dining room view.
.
Garden & Be Well,             XO Tara
.
This interior designer, little story above, is off the radar of publicity.  He works for those with several homes, & deep pockets, across the globe.  Googled him before writing this post to give a link.  Not a single image online.  And, he's probably the best I've ever seen.  
.
Pic via Cote De Texas.
.
If you want a garden that is a moat of grace around your home & life, contact me.
.
Details about online design services.
.
Learn action steps to creating your best garden & home when you hire me to speak to your group.
.
Details about lecture titles here.
.
I've written several garden books available on Amazon.

3 comments:

Barbara Pilcher said...

What a luscious interior. I noticed the abundance of patterns first, but you are right -- textures put it over the top!

I don't know how people can eat in a room that doesn't have a window.

Renae Moore said...

Tara,
You have made me look at 'all' of what's in view! I got the grills off the deck only to have my hubby buy a Big Green Egg and have no place but the deck to put it on. Uggghhh. It is on an end that is not main focal!
xx

Divine Theatre said...

Needed my Tara fix...


Much better now...

xo
Andie