Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Choosing Large Rugs

Cost, pattern, color & impact at 9'x12' are a concern.  Yellow/blue/white are the interior colors.  A pair of rugs were needed for his guest cottage.  He's stringing me along in the garden, it's a 2013 project.
Price was unimportant once the outlet store was found.
Allowances were made for pricing this good.  They did not have a matching pair of rugs.

Benjamin Moore- Philadelphia Creme, below, is on the walls.

Saw this rug, below, first.  Hanging on the wall, a splash of happiness.  Received a good eye roll from him for that comment.

Checking out I told him it was amazing to find a pair of happy rugs in his colors.  He wanted to be anywhere but in line with me.
Unrolling the rugs later in the day his helper exclaimed, "These are such happy rugs."
Garden & Be Well,        XO Tara
Each rug under $200.  I saw Myrna Loy walking across his rugs.  Told him that too.  Now you know I'm fearless!  Pics taken last week.  His guest cottage is ca. 1945 & I've chosen matriarchal-lake-house-chic ca. 1949.  You now, decent cast offs from decades of life in the homestead.  
If you can't find multiples of something stay in the same color family.  Bless the interior design woman who said that to me decades ago!


Henhurst Interiors said...

A perfect pair, and I love the thrill of the hunt at an outlet. I'd say you bagged a lion.

sandrajonas.com said...

I think two rugs in the same colourway are much more interesting than two identical ones. Nice.