Monday, October 29, 2012

Hallmark of Bad Contractors

Studying historic landscapes across Europe should be mandatory for landscape contractors.

Several years now with my dream team I remember too well the dark years of contractors.  "You can't do that."  "No, can't be done."  "That will never work."  "It has to be done this way."  "It won't last."
.
Better, my dream team leverages my designs.  "Miss Tara, if we........"  "Miss Tara, there are 3 ways to approach that."  "Great, thank you Miss Tara."  "Miss Tara do you think Miss #$%^@# would like to have...."  "Did you get the pictures I sent about a new idea?"  "Miss Tara that can't be done but if we a-b-c it will be exactly what you want."  "Let me show you something I think you'll like for the Woodland House Miss Tara."  "Those aren't available, I think a-b-c would be good substitutes."  "You know Miss Tara what you want is too expensive but if we do it this way I think you'll get what you're hunting."  "Tara, I think a-b-c will be better."
.
Adore my team.
.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
.
Dry stack stone retaining wall, above right, is a great example of what the Mr. No contractors said could not be done.
.
Pic via Old Long Island.

4 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

I laughed out loud!

"It cannot be done".

Translation: "I have never done that."

"It cannot be done".

Get out of the way and I'll do it myself!

xo

Andie

Desert Dweller said...

Well-put contrast of the can-do vs. the wet-blanket types. And not just contractors! I'm saving this one.

Barbara Pilcher said...

Good for you for collecting a dream team that supports your vision.

Studying historic landscapes across Asia should be mandatory as well.

Maryanne White said...

shades of the old " you build it and then I will design it" saga