Saturday, July 14, 2012

Checkerboard In Zoysia

Another checkerboard is born.  He wanted zoysia lawn around the entire new pool.

She wanted the diving board, a Caribbean blue color, and rectangular shape.  I did the arc, matching an arc of marble on the kitchen island.
.
Especially pleased with how 'old' their new pool already seems.
.
Her interior lighting budget was X.  First chandelier was X.  And you know she didn't stop there.  Where do you think he took the money from?  Always the same story, take-take-take from the garden budget. 
.
Of course I've learned to Landscape Design within this crazy scenario.  And still make it look fabulous.  Their story is not unique, again, I know the game.
.
And love it.  Great challenge.  Happy with this backyard. 
.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
.
pic taken last week.

3 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Robbing Peter to pay Paul...I always liked Peter so much more than Paul. Peter was not a spoiled, golden boy!

Renée Finberg said...

i am loving the checker-board pool surface!!

xox

Things That Inspire said...

Such a familiar story (the budget). I remember when we first started our project, my designer warned me that our landscape architect would take everything he could from the budget - but it probably comes from years of landscape architects having to fight against the cuts!

We spent as much on landscape as we could - probably as much on landscape as we did on design. We still have a ways to go on the interiors, but I feel very happy with the landscape. I am glad that my landscape architect fought to keep the budget (we did try to slim it down when we ended up having to take out a bunch of trees to relocate the septic fields).

I remember reading something in a Saladino book - about how people think nothing of spending an exorbitant amount of money on a rug, yet balk at spending that same amount on the entire landscape.

Love your design.

- Holly