Monday, May 7, 2012

Still Life

Beyond normal desires for my garden & home I want the accouterments of my life to be a Still Life.
Have seen it brilliantly done in a handful of gardens/homes I've visited.  They gave me the idea.  A choice in how I want to live.
.
Leaving for the weekend, my car had been unloaded of  work gear in the garage, above.  My mobile office contained in antique wicker.  Looks like a scene from Ellis Island. 
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Alexandra Stoddard is much better at describing this here, Living A Beautiful Life.  Wicker is an odd thing, it bores you or you love it. 
.
Perhaps this is why I like benches for focal points.  Their illusion of repose for Still LIfe.

4 comments:

Jonell w Harrison said...

JUst saying "I love it" is not adequate to express my response to that scence ..but I do. I would have that indoor setting in my outdoor environment in a minute..if I could get it done. I have a handcrafed iron CANDELIER waiting for an arbor of sorts to be constructed atop my old brick patio..just maybe that's my start for an outdoor extention of our home..
thank you for sharing such incredible scenes

all in fun,
Jonell at http://mygrammashouse.blogspot.com

Lori Buff said...

Wicker is proof that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Divine Theatre said...

Ellis Island...dreams...realities. I like it.

Andie

Renée Finberg said...

tara,

wicker, wicker, wicker.....
i love it!!!

especially painted black or white.
xxx