Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How To See A Gate

Designing gates vs. seeing gates. 
Does this gate have hog wire at the top?  Is hog wire needed?  To keep the chickens in, or out?  Coons, possums could easily climb over.
.
Why is the bottom of the gate solid?  Am I looking into the garden or out?  Is it to create mystery?  A lure?
.
Is the gate teak?  Historic wood?  Vintage?  What type of hinges?  Open in, out, or both?  The doorknob rescued or new, perhaps new & custom?
.
Does the pattern at the top match the moulding of the dining room ceiling?  Is the top pattern repeated in a vintage rug?
.
Who is capable of making this gate?  Repairing the gate?
.
Age the gate or stain it?
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
No money & your heart pounds for this gate?  How will you create it?  Not a financial problem, in the least.  Pure intellect.
.
Total disdain for, "I can't afford that."   Total.
.
Found the gate via It's About Time

4 comments:

Lori Buff said...

I love it, this gate should make you pause and view before walking though it.

Renée Finberg said...

T,

my head is spinning....
i don't know.
but
i really like this gate.

xx your friend

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This is an unusual and lovely gate which makes me want to turn the knob to see if it opens and allows one inside. I love the path leading up to it.

FlowerLady

Cyndia said...

What a beautiful gate! I have much more expensive dreams than I can afford, so I'm used to finding unusual and less expensive solutions. My garden gates are painted wood with corrugated tin panels. Edging and steps are recycled broken concrete. All generate many compliments and much interest.
'Total disdain for "I can't afford that." Total.'
Amen.