Thursday, March 8, 2012

Are Rockers OK On Your Front Porch?

Lovely rockers & home, below.
 But it's obvious when rockers are unacceptable for a front porch, below.
 There is no space to comfortably
sit in them.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Exciting project in tiny amount of space.  Rockers will be moving to a back patio and a pair of large iron chinoiserie planters, with tuters will be placed each side of the front door.  New paint colors, new light fixtures, and reshaped bed/plantings too.
.
The owner had happy tears in my eyes yesterday.  She told me the story of planning a trip with her granddaughters to London & Paris and how she surprised them with it.  They are going this summer.  My parents did this for me when I was a teenager.  6 weeks across Europe: England, West Germany, East Germany, Belgium, France, Holland.  Cannot wait for them to go, & have their stories !!

2 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Right you are in relocating them where there is more room, and doing something else on that front porch. Scale, comfort...

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Oh goodness...I'd be afraid of banging my knees or the back of my head while I rocked! I know it will look wonderful when you're done with it Tara.