Monday, May 2, 2011

How To Hide A Fence

Asked to hide a fence at the back of their garden in a tiny, dingy corner,
.
the MUSE said, "Put in an 'L' shaped Conservatory, gravel terrace, chandelier from the oak tree, a dining table underneath & build it from rescued parts."
It wasn't an option, below, to see the ugly fence from all these windows.
Recently completed, below, on a garden tour for Hay House, in Macon, GA. (These are smart people, create a BIG deadline!)
Artist in residence for the garden tour R. Scott Coleman, here, watercolors.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Since I designed this garden missives have been sent showing the progress. Many building parts are ca. 1870. Did you see the fence? Love my MUSE. Puppet Barbuda cringes thinking how Mr. Testosterone-On-Wheels-Mow-Blow-Go would have designed this dark little corner.
.

9 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh SO wonderful!

kathrine said...

Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful retreat area. No I didn't see the fence. I would love to see a before picture of this- would you have one on your blog that I could see. We have a huge yard with a horrid fence and would love to see the problem area before you came up with this gorgeous solution!

bee blessed
mary

Happy Goes Lucky said...

Love it. Collecting ideas for my new conservatory.

Jean Campbell said...

Marvelous details.

Nita Stacy said...

No, I don't see the fence. I love this little building. How beautiful to look out your back window and see this garden building. Love it.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

What a great way to hide the fence and end up with something very useful and pretty and cheap! Love it Tara...I think I would spend most of my time out there. Nope...never saw even a glimpse of the fence ;)
Maura :)

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Ingenious - build beauty as the focus factor to divert from the less attractive! I love it!

By the way, I just joined your blog of inspiration.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/