Monday, May 23, 2011

Gravel To The Door With Vine + Table

After designing a landscape Saturday I perused Brabourne Farm, a favorite blog. Here, below, I stopped.I had just designed this EXACT garden. Less than 2 hours earlier.
.
Client has 5 acres with woodland, gravel lanes, open meadow, barns, horses. And a home with a daylight basement needing the 'zip' (zest?) above.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic from John Granen. Molly, is this what your mother's bistro set looks like? Wish gardens could be installed this fast.

5 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

That scene to enjoy coffee and a croissant in (or 50, since I'm dreaming) - what simplicity to brighten up the morning. Hmmm, where does that inspire me to go with some upcoming designs...

a beautiful space said...

Just discovered your blog this morning, I love the photo you have posted with the blue paintwork against the ivy clad building. So beautiful.

a beautiful space said...

Just discovered your blog this morning, I love the photo you have posted with the blue paintwork against the ivy clad building. So beautiful.

John Granen said...

Just a thanks for posting a link to my website -

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Sweetie, What a lovely entrance. I adore gravel patios. Don't know what it is about them. Maybe it's the casual feel or the sound under my feet!
Would you tell me what the climbing plant is around the door? Will it grow well in SE Pennsylvania? Thanks so much.