Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Landscape Design Is Architecture: Ceilings

When I begin a Landscape Design I create ceilings: sky, trees, arbors. Within a landscape design a cone shaped plant should be in each garden room, drawing eyes to the sky. My tiny property lives as large as the meadow/pole barn, above, I own the sky, and use it, framed by trees, as ceilings to my garden rooms. Landscape design upon acreage is the same for a postage stamp.
Sir Hardy Amies, above, uses sky, canopy/understory trees, cone shaped summerhouse, and the wit of cone shaped obelisks with balled toppers.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

7 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara,

I'm so glad to know that you have a 'big sky' and a meadow at your own house. All that and a conservatory too! Lucky you.

xo, Rosemary

Divine Theatre said...

Okay I will!
Thank you for you!

Bruce Barone said...

I love your spirit, your vision, your philosophy. You bring good cheer to my life and.......

"Cheerfulness strengthens the heart and makes us persevere in a good life..."
– Saint Philip of Neri

Cher' Shots said...

As the old saying goes "the skies the limit" - or is it??
'hugs from afar'

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

Aha, you make a good point, Amies garden does own the sky.

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

"I own the sky" and so much more. Even the sky thanks you for your brilliance.

Desert Dweller said...

First pic in Savannah? Saw the live oak over the loblolly or other conical pine.

Something just hit me...near the mountains here, deodar cedar, pines and cypress tend to distract from the sense-of-place...but all our mountains have tall, conical shaped peaks. So your conical rule may not be so foreign here after all!