Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Do You Mentor?

On my tiny property, below, in a small working-class neighborhood I create myriad garden scenes in denial of time, budget, location. Along with a passion for Garden Design, Providence gave me mentors from the last of an era, the Stoics. Their mentoring comes with a hunger to pass it along. Barbara Allen mentored me. She died yesterday.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic taken with our last snow (Feb.?) from my bathroom window. See the street of houses? Ha, this is what good Garden Design does. Barbara is in every Garden Design I've done, and will do.

4 comments:

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

You are a special person.

Desert Dweller said...

It sounds like Barbara lives on, though!

Mentoring - I probably mentor more than I realize, as I somehow find out later. It always has a soothing effect when I find out how someone has been influenced!

In fact, it melts away bad experiences with uppity types who dislike and do not want to learn.

home before dark said...

So for the loss of one of your true Norths.

the gardener's cottage said...

what a beautiful view and tribute.

~janet