Thursday, November 18, 2010

How Women Share Their 'Man'

Chandelier Chick's home had a previous tenant who scavenged anything/everything. Her 'Man' cleared, put in a fence, a pond, & etc. Chandelier Chick told her 'Man'where she needed her path, & how to lay its pattern of bricks, salvaged on site. "I told him......", began many sentences while touring her garden last Saturday.
Her 'Man' is obviously good with his hands, & cheap. Pure catnip to women of a certain age.
Many of my Lady clients share a 'Man' in their neighborhood. And that 'Man' is spoken of OFTEN within their circle.
.
'Man' is shared only with like-minded women, & never beyond their organically formed Harem. 'Man' is paid what the Harem decides, 'Man' shares the Harem's tools/equipment amongst the Harem, Harem members pass along 'Man's' newest skill set, because of course, all Harem members will need those skills at some point. If a Harem member has something unexpected and needs 'Man' in an emergency other Harem members delightfully relinquish their planned day with 'Man'. 'Man' knows "Yes, ma'am" is a heady elixir for his Harem.
.
Trying to find your 'Man' is as difficult as getting on the circuit of a fabulous mobile pet groomer.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken in Chandelier Chick's garden last Saturday. Top pic a centuries old garden.

3 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

'Man', "Harem"...just what kind of a place do you run back there? Poor 'Man', hopefully his 'Woman' is not jealous!

Glad I am too busy designing in my office, or zooming between projects!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

LOVE that pathway. It will only get better with age -imagine once moss and weeds grow in the cracks. charming!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I'm lucky enough to have my own "man" who is always making things for me. He fasioned a wonderful arbor around antique windows for my birthday
http://dragonflydegignstudios.blogspot.com/2010/05/art-me-in-garden.html (sorry HAD to share:))
and is currently building me the beautiful studio ever! Tho' he never calls me ma'am....so maybe some room for improvement there ;)