Monday, October 18, 2010

Why Was I Hired?

A beautiful garden, below. Why was I hired? Above, is EXACTLY why I was hired. Mystery & Surprise & Anticipation are missing.
From the garden, above, looking into the patio, it's the same story. Mystery & Surprise & Anticipation are missing.
.
Do you know how to create Mystery & Surprise & Anticipation here?
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
They thought they hired me for a backhand corner of their landscape. Ha, that was easy. I put in a conservatory, gravel & a table under the pecan tree with a pair of chandeliers hanging from a large branch. Materials are already being sourced from a ca. 1830 home recently condemned. And I didn't mention a huge THORN in the pictures above. For today, I'll let you be the Garden Designer. My Garden Design solution tomorrow.

2 comments:

Christine B. said...

How about some upright, feathery plants for a little privacy/mystery. Being able to see a garden all at once isn't something I strive for. Bet you fixed them good....

Christine in Alaska, too much mystery

Ellen said...

Okay, Tara, I'll bite on this challenge. While I think everything in view is lovely, everything IS in view all at once. Therefore, no sense of anticipation as to what may lie behind/beyond a drapery, curved walk, hedge, etc. Love the post!