Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Best Conservatory Dimensions

Front: French doors 5'-6' wide with old windows on each side of
about 30"-32" each. Creating a total average 11'-12' wide.
Side: Old windows connected to each other with 2x4's. Creating
a total average length of 23' long.
Roof: 4-12 pitch with metal roofing.
Interior: Entering thru French doors each side is best dimension, at minimum, 36"-32" for furniture.
"L": Adding an "L" at right angle is most desirable. Not enough space, have another doorway, single door, along the side with a culvert cover for door awning.
.
Average best dimension range using old/found materials for conservatory: 11' wide by 23' long.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poppets, above notes are copied directly from a email sent to my Macon, GA clients. You've seen their home & garden, & happy dogs, the past few days.
.
The last pic, above, is Susanne Hudson's 1st conservatory. Too small, she enlarged it, seen in the top pics. Susanne & I built the conservatory, in my blog header pic, for the Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival, in Douglasville, GA this spring.
.
Building a conservatory in my garden, using rescued materials, beginning next week.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Susanne Hudson's conservatory was a feature article in Southern Living magazine. Took these pics in her garden earlier this year. Following my passion, they are not styled.

6 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

I am so in love with this conservatory. It is painted the color I just painted all my windows on my house. This would look dreamy in my backyard. Now thinking....how can I achieve this all by myself? Can't wait to see photos of the one you are building for yourself.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm behind and haven't seen that banner. It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see your conservatory!
Brenda

JudyMac said...

The paint color on the French doors is divine--almost identical to my kitchen cabinets!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your new work in progress- gorgeous images!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

What a beautiful space! I'd love to build something like that but with the huge hail we get here in Kansas sometimes and the winds it probably wouldn't last long. I could add more windows to the side of our garden shed/coop though. You've given me ideas Tara! THANKS!
Maura :)

Renée Finberg said...

i would be perfectly happy living in that place.
i want an all glass home anyway-
but traditional.
this just seems like
it might work.

haha but maybe???