Friday, August 27, 2010

Doorway Repurposed

Charming courtyard, below, created when an addition was added to their home. An original doorway, top at left, no longer needed.
Repurposed as a staging area for annuals.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Alas, poppets, I was there the day the annuals were ripped out. With drought, heat & the gardener just returned from vacation it was still fabulous. What fun choosing new annuals, new colors-textures-heights.
.
This was the 3rd repurposed doorway I've seen like this. Mrs. Whaley's garden in Charleston, SC. A private garden in Greensboro, NC. And now this Athens, GA garden.
.
Did you notice the color themes?
* Black shutters, furniture, doormat, windowboxes, plinth
* Terra cotta pots
.
Pics taken last week in the same garden as yesterdays post.

3 comments:

home before dark said...

I am a somewhat new reader here, but I think I would have remembered if you had mentioned Mrs. Whaley's garden. WOW! Now that impresses.

My Life of Domestic Bliss said...

Tara, You never fail to inspire me! I have a project I am starting on that I think has a little Dilllard/Hudson flavor. Can't wait to show you! Praying for some heat relief in SOWEGA this weekend. Have a great one. Lisa

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love this idea! Repurposing is so fun too.
Brenda