Saturday, July 10, 2010

Garden Room: 101

Before construction, Susanne Hudson & I knew our Garden Room was fabulous. Understatement yes? We designed architecture & landscape, decorated & styled with only items junked, rescued, borrowed. (Well, we did buy tin roofing, gravel & a few pots.)
Tiny, potent. Peek thru, below, see our potting table?


Alone, or with girlfriends, this Garden Room is a life changer. Virginia Woolf territory.


Delightfully different views into each side.


Leftover pavers from edging the gravel. Voila, a table. And a meadow, does it get any better? Yes, hearing the crunch of gravel, smelling the fragrance of meadow & woodland, sound of rain on tin, seeing the chandelier & lamps on at nite. Knowing you have a bolt hole.
.
My favorite part? Building the garden & Garden Room with Susanne. And this was work?
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Built for the Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival, on site at Le Jardin Blanc in Douglasville, GA. Poppets, I had to spend several nites with Susanne while we created this Garden Room. Attended a Gala 1 evening. Progressive dinner another nite. Behind the scenes for a huge wedding at Le Jardin Blanc another nite. Mexican & margaritas another nite. Garden tour & Thai food 1 nite. Oh my, FUN.
.
Want a Garden Room? Susanne & I can create one for you, contact here.

15 comments:

My Life of Domestic Bliss said...

Tara, I wish I could twitch (you know - Bewitched) my nose and move this wonderful structure to my back yard! It is a beauty. Lisa

Terry said...

It's a doll.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hello Tara, I LOVE what you did with that half culvert or 'window well'...what a WONDERFUL idea! The whole thing is gorgeous and I could spend all day in there just laying around reading. Thank you for the inspiration...I'm looking forward to your next project! Have a wonderful weekend....Maura :)

Deviant Deziner, aka Michelle said...

Amazing what you can accomplish with creativity , a great concept and some found items.

Really , really Nice !!

Connie in Hartwood said...

Be still my heart!!! What a WONDERFUL garden room you and Susanne created. Congratulations on such a beautiful result.
Connie

Shirley said...

That has come along nicely. It will be wonderful to sit out there and enjoy the garden.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, I love it! It's perfect!
Brenda

Jeanne Henriques said...

Honestly, I am absolutely loving everything about this room Tara. This is most definitely magazine worthy...you have to get it into one!

I want one!!!!

Jeanne:)

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I know you feel blessed to have such a "job"!

The House That A-M Built said...

Had to 'reblog' this one over at my place. Wonderful! A-M xx

for the love of a house said...

It's beautiful Tara! just beautiful!!

joan

Devon said...

What a wonderful, beautiful tiny piece of heaven. Simply gorgeous Tara. You are both so wonderfully creative!

Stone Art's Blog said...

Thats fab, i love it. Might be a bit chilly for us here in Ireland though.

Unknown said...

Woul love,love,love to have something like that in my garden.
Would love to have a garden too;-)

Unknown said...

Woul love,love,love to have something like that in my garden.
Would love to have a garden too;-)