Friday, April 30, 2010

COMPOST CONTAINER

In the kitchen, below, circa 1930 pressed glass lemonade pitcher used for kitchen scraps headed to the compost pile. (No dairy/meat dahlings.)
.
Rosemary Verey couldn't have been happier than I walking my gravel path to the compost pile once a week carrying this lovely pitcher scored for $10 at Scott Antique Market moons ago.
.
Gardem & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Soooooooooo Oooooooooooooooover store bought compost containers. Galvanized compost pail rotted thru, plastic pail too big too stinky too ugly, enameled compost pail rotted thru. None of those stupid 'compost' pails delighted. And they weren't cheap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea! I have to admit that ours is outside our back door- we use an old plastic pot one of our trees came in and another bucket nested beneath to filter the "compost tea" when it rains.....

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

We haven't yet made a compost been at the new place, but I SO understand about using the beautiful vs. the ugly & mundane. Instead of using ugly, cracked pitcher add water to the dog's dish, I now use a silver water pitcher!

I like your compost pitcher . . . & I have just the one in mind whenever we start composting again!

I know you'll have a lovely weekend, Tara. . .