Sunday, February 14, 2010

NAMING ROOMS

My desk, below, last week in Birmingham, AL. GARDEN COURT & I sat here discussing the list of action items

for each room of her landscape.
The original names were



gruesome & won't be repeated here.

Lest GARDEN COURT accidentally use them again.



Without the names I couldn't structure lists of action items for each part of the garden.


With the old names


GARDEN COURT couldn't move forward with her garden.



Now, in conversation with MR. GARDEN COURT, family, friends, Ralph (her gardener), & me there is no confusion about which garden room is being discussed.
.
Tara, the woodland walk is being installed.
.
Ralph, prune the hollies in the Summer House Garden.
.
Tara, I need more help with the Lavender Gate Garden.
.
Darling, we're eating on the Fountain Terrace tonight.
.
You are invited to lunch in the Conservatory.
.
Yes, name your garden rooms!!!
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Ironically, GARDEN COURT's garden reminded me I have 2 new garden rooms to name. Two new gravel terraces were installed late-late last year. Hmm. Fun. Pics taken last week with GARDEN COURT.

3 comments:

Terry said...

Love to see the plans. Would love to see the whole plan in one image, please, please?

Landscape Designer said...

Very, very nice. Good plant choices.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Tara, it really does help. When I tell my husband I am going out to weed the Lime Walk, or I will be in the Flora Glade, he knows exactly where I am.