Monday, January 4, 2010

A LITTLE WEED PLEASE

Where are the weeds? Gorgeous? Yes, in a Stepford Wife banality (honestly, remove the 'b' from the previous word). Ha, not even garlic chives or marigolds at the edges to repel bugs. PUPPET BARBUDA contemplated deeply about this garden. Conclusion? It lacks ROMANCE. Yet, PUPPET BARBUDA adored the romance of the settings in the rest of the movie, It's Complicated.
Susanne Hudson is using true landscape bamboo fencing for my new window treatments, above. A soft burlap for dust ruffle & chair cushions.

My garden tub, above,


is coming inside, above.

The strength of girlfriends, above. My 2 new gravel terraces? (5 tons, $410) Specifically for more girlfriend action!
.
PUPPET BARBUDA has added Hollywood movie garden stylist to her dream job resume. It looks, top pic, like a vegetable garden in a CHEMICAL COMPANY ad circa 1962. Even butterflies, honey bees & lady bugs knew this was a no fly zone. Ugh.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics from the movie, It's Complicated.

8 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

Tara,

More information, please. You are using bamboo fencing material for your window treatments. Are you referring to bamboo roman shades that are sold by various companies? I never thought of them as being the same as the bamboo fencing I see for yards, but I guess it's the same thing. Only, the bamboo fencing for yards seems to be the full round stalks and the windows coverings usually are the split bamboo.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Yes, although it was beautiful beyond belief, I found Suzanne's garden a bit too Disneyesque. I also wondered why on earth she needed a new kitchen!

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

Happy New Year Tara

I like your tub underneath the pergola structure. Bet it looks terrific planted up. Maybe you should source another one for inside.

Maybe I missed the point of the post, but that was the pic to click for me. I'm dreaming of warmer days right now.

Rob

Unknown said...

More details about interior changes as they're completed. Should be a 3-4 month project. Painting, some electrical for new fixtures, plus plumbing for the tub.

Though a magazine is interested & I may have to wait till publication.

Doing some of the unskilled work myself.

Already restraining myself from wailing in frustration that it's not DONE.

XO Tara

My House, My Garden said...

Tara .. it's me Vikki!! I was so jealous of the garden in It's Complicated. The whole house!!! I will begin to implement your garden design end of February, beginning of March. Too cold here for me to even look at my copies of Fine Gardening. XO Vikki
PS: Come see your mom and dad! :)

the gardener's cottage said...

Oh Tara!

I am jumping up and down this moment. Yes, yes, yes. I agree. I'm not as nice as you. I thought the garden looked downright fake! People in the audience were going ga-ga over it. I was moaning! I really hated it, fake, fake, fake.

I wasn't that crazy about the interior either. I know eveyone is crazy for it, but to me it looked like, well a movie set. I did like her kitchen but kept wondering why on earth a woman her age with an empty nest would want to enlarge it. Also, she has a restaurant at her fingertips. Why? Oh Why? For me Alec Baldwin saved this movie.

Sorry, I guess I needed to vent a bit! ok, let it go janet.

~janet

Theresa/GardenFreshLiving.com said...

LOVE your comment that even the honeybees and lady bugs knew this was a no fly zone. So true!

I agree with Rob. The tub looks so terrific out in the garden. Why don't you get a different for one for inside and have TWO. Why not? Fun!

Devon said...

T, Happy New Year to you!!!

Saw the movie and thought that the best garden was shown in the front of the house of her daughter and Harley. They had great trees and other things growing up over their house. It felt cluttered, a little busy...but a perfect yard to look out to from inside your house.

Your yard is looking unbelievably exciting. Are you having fun?!? It sure seems like it, which is great!