Sunday, December 27, 2009

IT IS UNCOMPLICATED

This landscape had me at its gravel. Did you notice this landscape requires no skilled maintenance?
.
Pillow? Already telling us something about the home's interior.
.
Vines adding lushness without taking up space.
.
Pot clusters created as still life's, art. Not some stupid notion of need-a-garden-idea-here.
.
Do you feel the pots, bench, plantings, gravel leading you to the back door?
.
Sense how this garden room can be as easily rearranged as an interior room?
.
This tiny garden room gives a huge sense of the woman living here. Does your garden look like your inner self?
.
Do you think this garden was professionally designed? Yes? Me too.
.
If this were your garden room, and you didn't have it professionally designed would it look this good? More importantly would it have cost so little to implement? Of greater importance would it be as easy, cost effective, to maintain? Topping the importance list, would you have created a garden room inviting you to use it?
.
PUPPET BARBUDA loves this Vanishing Threshold garden.
.
Pic from the movie, It's Complicated.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara aka PUPPET BARBUDA

4 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

I've been seeing photos from that movie and I like just about everything to do with that house. And, of course, the gravel!

Brenda Pruitt said...

In my sideyard, where I spend all my time (the way many garden homes are set up), I have no grass whatsoever. I like the idea of not mowing a space because to me it feels more like a room. I care a lot about my outdoor space, so I try hard to make it inviting. Your ideas are always inspiring and so professional!
Brenda

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

I love it!
especially the roof! And the pots! .... and the bench... well jeez.... I guess I just like the whole darn thing! LOL
Hope your Holidays are Awesome!

Think spring!

~Vanessa!
http://RhinestoneContessa.com

Ewa said...

what a terrifying question "Does your garden look like your inner self?"
I immediately will do something about it.
Immediately as soon as snow melts down..