Wednesday, December 9, 2009

FLOWING COLOR

SHE sent this days ago, below, a victory. SHE chose a new door & paint color. We had choices to make about the door surround; opting to keep the original windows. The door was custom made to fit her space. The color chosen to flow from the myriad gray-blues of her interior. When I saw her wreath I had to smile. Can you guess what color she asked me to design the flowering shrubs/trees in her frontyard?
.
White.
.
SHE has white: azaleas, viburnum, holly, camellias, magnolia, dogwood.
.
It's counterintuitive, the more demanding you are of your landscape the easier it is to create.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

3 comments:

Tara Dillard said...

Knowing the color we wanted I called expert Susanne Hudson for the EXACT color.

It's Benjamin Moore, HC Wedgewood Blue.

Tons of gray in it and it changes color all day long.

XO Tara

the gardener's cottage said...

Hi Tara,

Our old house was painted bm wedgewood blue with simply white trim. I LOVED it. I will try and send you a pic of it. Also I will send you a pic of my view of my neighbors junk spot.

But regarding this post, I'm starting to understand what you are saying. BE DISCIPLINED and it gets easier, just like the inside of the house. Yippee.

~janet

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I only use white in my back garden. It's such a treat to see in the moonlight. Love that wreath, too!