Wednesday, October 21, 2009

RANCHBURGER: Before & After

Contouring of the land, below. What to do, what to do?
The most important thing you can do to a Ranchburger? Let It Out Of Jail.

Remove the rails, and those ratty (Rattus rattus) evergreen meatball shrubs, which are naked at the bottom and chopped at the top, the builder planted decades ago. Shall I wax poetic about builders landscape design? Hmm, PUPPET BARBUDA is too busy today.

Aaaaaaah, the brick was liberated too. This ranch is going country French.

Furnishings & Pots aren't 'done' yet. But the Ranchburger is done. Done gone!!
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Thank you for sharing your Ranchburger before/after pics Krystol. Love the dogs & your intuitive landscape design. Fabulous.

6 comments:

Terry said...

Painting the brick one of the great things you can do for many rancher, particularly in a neighborhood of brick ranchers. Makes the landscape pop. And let's liberate all ranchers from leggy, overgrown foundation bushes.

cotedetexas said...

ooohh!!! I want to see MORE MORE MORE!!! it looks so fabulous!! MORE!!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

oh...lovely job on the ranch...love the after porch!

Living the life in The Little City said...

I so agree about those leggy foundation plants. Be gone already.

Landscape Designer said...

WOW!!!! What a transformation! Who is Krystol??

Krystol O'Rourke said...

@landscape designer- I'm just a landscape designer wannabe. Can't quit my day job to follow my heart, so I just inflict my friends and family with constant redo's and reno's. People laugh at my little scale drawings!!

@cote de texas- Hi Joni, don't know if you remember, but I emailed you about the arches. well, they are called crucks. Lots of good information is available in the timberframe construction business

The leggy shrubs were awful. I was able to recycle them into topiaries which are starting to fill out. Sort of a hedge on stilts look,