Thursday, July 2, 2009


The rule is, ONE FOCAL POINT/AREA. Subsidiary focal points are allowed. And desired. I found this heavy rusted iron greenhouse junking in Augusta, GA a couple of years ago.
All of the iron in my garden is robins egg blue.

My late garden cat, Cat-Cat, above, loved to nap in the greenhouse.
Guess what I discovered yesterday? Kit-Kit, my other garden cat, has begun sleeping in the greenhouse. Cat-Cat was the alpha cat but who knew Kit-Kit was hankering to sleep in the greenhouse!! Both cats were left by neighbors moving away.
I bought the greenhouse because it made me happy to look at. With the garden cats choosing it for their bed this subsidiary focal point exceeds expectation.
Choices you make in the garden, if they are the right choices, will exceed expectation.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara


Southern Aspirations said...

Fabulous accent piece.

All Robin's Egg Blue- have you painted them all? I like the idea of that color popping out of all the green...

Terry said...

I didn't know about kit-kit. Is there a dog-dog too?

Tara Dillard said...

Yes, everything Robin's egg blue painted by my own hand.

And, Terry, I've learned giving a garden cat a non-name doesn't prevent one from falling in love anyway. No more non-names after Kit-Kit.