Monday, July 27, 2009

LANDSCAPE DESIGN: ARBOR & PATIENCE & NO MONEY

A Victorian woodcut print of a conifer arbor dazzled my thoughts. A pair of evergreens neatly bottom trimmed & grown wild on top. A pair of 1 gallon Leyland cypress, above, would have to do. And time. Thru the arbor a cherry tree in full bloom with petals strewing the path.

A subtle focal point, my conifer arbor, is hidden near the pink dogwood, above. Gardens are about mystery & surprise. A sense of, What's around the corner?
.
Conifers, $1.99 ea., bought at a big box store, can't remember which. Patience? Ugh. They looked stupid for years. But that Victorian woodcut wouldn't leave me.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

4 comments:

Southern Aspirations said...

shocked to see a leyland cypress here but it looks lovely!

Patience-- I think the biggest factor in a garden, sadly.

scott b said...

you stubborn, patient, brilliant girl the thumb

Tara Dillard said...

Oh, dearest Scott, you caught me with the right word, stubborn. Wish it were 'brilliant'.

My garden has taught me patience, not that I wanted it to. Or is it aging?

XO T

Terry said...

I love the Zen view though the arbor. I'm with you all the way on the "no money" part. We have 4 leylands right now that are getting the job done 24/7 in rain or shine. One has been hanging in for more that 20 years despite the death of its 3 sisters.