Saturday, June 13, 2009

LANDSCAPE COLOR & CAMERA TEST & STORIES

Do you know my camera test for the landscape?
.
Take a picture of your home or patio and ask, Is this so wonderful people will want to see inside my home...Is this so wonderful people will want to see my garden? This house has me sighing, to see inside. Wondering, Is there a landscape in back?

Ooooooooh, the colors. Confident, serene, witty, intellect, passion, timelessness.
The camera test? I want to see inside this house. What books do they read? What art is on the walls? Style of furniture? Did a decorator choose the colors? Who? What types of clothes/shoes in the closets? What cookbooks do they use? Where do they vacation? Do they have other houses? What does it smell like walking in the front door? Are there fresh flowers? What kind? How old are the owners? Are there any lucky pets living here? What music is played within these walls? What type of sunglasses do the owners wear? And so it goes...
.
Ridiculous?
.
My mind delights upon something with instant backstory. It's an entire beach read novel. Without knowing the answers my mind has delightfully filled them in. Driving a block can be very tiring!
.
What would I think of the camera test on your home & garden?
It's usually easiest to see your own home thru another person's eye.
.
Pics from Topsy Turvy, wonderful.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
A NOTE TO THIS POST, ADDED JUNE 16TH, THANKS TO TOPSY TURVY.
The house belongs to Miles Redd & you can see it at, www.milesredd.com, and, www.newyorksocialdiary.com. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

cotedetexas said...

this looks like Mile's Redd house - is it???

Topsy Turvy said...

Thanks Tara - those were some of the same thoughts I had when I came across this house - not immediately recognizing who it belonged to. There is a link on my website (in the comments section) to the NY Social Diary story with photos of the inside, in case you missed it. It's far more fabulous than I envisioned! I just wish I had gotten an invitation to come in and take a tour!

Tara Dillard said...

Thanks Lana.........

I'll amend the post......

You're much too much.....

XO Tara